Banking, finance and capital markets are major areas of our consulting services.
In the field of banking and finance, we offer services in all legal aspects of lending and borrowing
• Drafting of loan agreements for all types of bilateral and syndicated loans (corporate loans, acquisition finance, project finance, export & trade finance, real estate finance)
• Drafting of security documents for all types of financial transactions
• Structuring of financial transactions
• Reviewing of third-party finance documentation . In doing so, we mostly focus on drafting and reviewing complex credit documentation. We advise both banks and corporate clients, on the national as well as on the international stage. In the same vein, we provide consulting on all legal matters related to restructuring and insolvency • Restructuring of loan transactions
• Drafting/reviewing of agreements required for loan transaction restructuring
• Resolving of insolvency law matters related to loan transactions or restructuring
• General consulting for insolvency creditors on insolvency regulations
• Claims filing service, client representation at creditor meetings and further client representation for insolvency creditors as required during insolvency proceedings . We also support insolvency creditors enforcing their rights in insolvency proceedings.
We further advise on all aspects of general banking law and banking supervisory law
General Banking Law
• Resolving of contractual matters pertaining to banking relationship, account keeping, payment services, general terms & conditions, etc.
Banking Supervisory Law
• Licensing matters concerning foreign or new market participants under German Banking Law (KWG) . From contractual matters involving general banking law to licensing matters involving the German Banking Act (KWG): Our specialized lawyers offer clients advice on everyday legal business, complex transactions as well as representation in contentious matters, working together as multi-disciplinary legal teams whenever necessary.
Our consulting services further benefit securities issuers and investment banks when it comes to Capital Markets Law
• Consulting for securities issuers and investment banks on issue of securities, listings and listing compliance
• Consulting on legal aspects of going public, including matters of corporate restructuring (i.e., fit for being public), due diligence, documentation (incl. prospectus filing), approval by regulators and listing authorities, marketing/distribution and compliance (see also Corporate Law)
• Consulting on dual listings and cross-border securities offerings, incl. passporting
• Consulting on admission to trading at the various stock exchanges/tiers (regulated market, Prime/General/Entry Standard, etc.), stock market launches
• Consulting on all transaction types, incl. IPOs, secondary offerings, rights issues, quick-to-market transactions (e.g., accelerated book-builds), private placements and block trades of securities and other investments (see also Corporate Law)
• Consulting on foreign and domestic investment funds (UCITS, AIF), specifically fund structuring and fund distribution in Germany (see also Corporate Law)
• Alternative investments
• Consulting on conversion of financial products to the new regulatory environment in line with German capital investment legislation (KAGB) . Our lawyers provide comprehensive legal support to clients going public, from corporate structuring, prospectus drafting and filing all the way to compliance after listing. Add to that our experience handling both foreign and domestic investment funds (UCITS, AIF), whether it is fund structuring or fund distribution. You can also count on our legal representation in litigation and arbitration • Legal defense of securities issuers, investment advisors/intermediaries, banks/loan institutes and investment companies against prospectus liability claims involving both closed- and open-end funds
• Legal representation before the Board of the German Investment Fund Association (BVI) and other arbitration panels proceedings and in proceedings before the board of the German Investment Fund Association (BVI).
Dr. Ulrich Block
Dr. Bernhard Maierhofer
Dr. Stephan Rettenbeck