Certified Specialist for Intellectual Property Law
Associate in our Berlin office
T +49 / 30 / 61 68 94 03
F +49 / 30 / 61 68 94 56
- Industrial property, in particular competition law, trademark law, design law and anti-trust law in relation with distribution of goods and services
- Copyright and Media law, in particular regarding regulations for statutory compensation within the German Copyright Act (UrhG) and corporate right of publicity
- Transport law
Michael Alber in particular advises and represents clients in the areas of competition law and trademark law, both on national and European level, in particular focussing both on effective and swift enforcement as well as the defense against injunctive relief by means of interim injunction proceedings. During his years of practice as a lawyer, Michael Alber was further able to collect extensive legal expertise in the area of distribution law, in particular regarding the relevant aspects of German and European antitrust provisions. In addition, he has developed particular affinity and legal expertise for issues of transport law concerning movement of goods on a national and international level. His clients comprise both German and foreign corporations from a wide variety of sectors.
Prior to joining von BOETTICHER in November 2018, Michael Alber has been working as an Associated Partner for the corporate law firm GÖRG within their service line “IP/IT, Commercial”.Qualifications
- Legal studies at the University of Giessen and the Free University of Berlin, Germany
- Admitted to the German bar in 2012
- Successful participation in the specialist lawyer course „Intellectual Property“ of the DeutscheAnwaltAkademie
- Comment on German Federal Court of Justice decision (I ZR 157/16) of June 21, 2019 on
Misleading statements about products belonging to a certain product category („Irreführung über Zugehörigkeit zu einer Produktkategorie“),
in German law publication Der IP-Rechts-Berater (IPRB) 2019, 7-8.